History of The Cockpit
The Cockpit is an independently run live music and club venue in the heart of Leeds City Centre managed by locally based promoters Futuresound Music. The venue is built underneath a series of three railway arches, giving the venue its distinctive curved ceilings.
The Cockpit opened in 1994 and was previously called The Cock of the North pub. The alternative live music venue was set up by Colin Oliver (still the main band promoter and owner at The Cockpit), while Richard Todd (who joined him a few months later) took charge of our alternative club nights and began the now legendary club, Brighton Beach.
Since opening in 1994, the Cockpit has attracted some of the biggest names in music to Leeds and has remained dedicated to seeking out the most exciting new bands at the very start of their careers. In the last 15 years we've seen Coldplay, The White Stripes, Amy Winehouse, Queens of the Stoneage, Flaming Lips, The Libertines, Mars Volta, My Chemical Romance, Panic at the Disco, The Hives, Elastica, Les Savy Fav, The Killers, At The Drive In, Fall Out Boy, Hot Chip and Bloc Party amongst many, many others take to the Cockpit stages for truly legendary performances.
Gigs take place on our three stages most nights of the week showcasing bands from the Leeds music scene to an international level. Club nights follow the live music on Tuesdays to Saturdays where you'll hear Indie, Rock, Electro, Guitars, Metal, Skate-Punk and much more. To receive all the latest live confirmations, information, competitions and much more join our mailing list below.
AddressThe Cockpit. Swinegate. Leeds.
Room 1 – The Pit
A total of 500 people can rock out in the main room. Over the past 15 years it has seen everyone from Coldplay to the White Stripes and Queens of the Stone Age to Snow Patrol grace the boards.
Room 2 – The Venue
This room is home to the original bar. A stage was added in 2000. It holds a total of 250 people and has recently seen the likes of Temper Trap, Ladyhawke and Twin Atlantic.
Room 3 – The Upstairs
This is the smallest room in the Cockpit (125 cap). The upstairs space is also used to showcase the best up and coming bands from the local area and as an intimate venue for national bands.
Please feel free to contact us regarding a booking or with you general enquiries.
Ticket Terms and Conditions for The Cockpit & Futuresound Music Events
- Right of admission reserved.
- Venue security may search ticket holders and their possessions. We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who refuses to be searched by a security official.
- No bottles, cans, alcohol or food may be brought into the venue.
- No illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Anyone caught in possession of these substances will be ejected and the police will be called.
- Age restrictions apply. Please check individual events on our Gigs page for further information. Proof of ID may be required to enter the event.
- Strobe lighting may be used during the event.
- In some areas recommended sound levels may be exceeded.
- In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after a ticket is purchased (significant changes being a change of headline act or venue).
- Any resale or attempt to resell our tickets will result in your ticket numbers being cancelled without prior notification.
- Lost tickets cannot be replaced or refunded.
- No professional type audio-visual recording equipment maybe brought into the venue without authorisation.
- Ticket holders agree to appear for no fee in any filming and/or recording of the event attended.
- The venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
Terms and Conditions for Millennium Square
Entry onto Millennium Square (the venue) shall constitute an acceptance by the attendee of the following terms and conditions and imply an understanding on the attendee to observe them and other statements or directives displayed on the premises.
- Admission to the venue is by ticket only.
- Venue security may search ticket holders and their possessions. We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who refuses to be searched by a security official. Staff will not take any responsibility for any prohibited items.
- Customers may be ejected from the venue if, in the reasonable opinion of the venue security, the customer is a risk to the safety of any patron and/or may affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the event or may cause damage, nuisance or injury.
- All persons under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult (18 years and over). Please note certain elements of this event may not be suitable for children under 16 and parental discretion is advised. There are no concessions for children.
- A check 21 policy is in operation at the venue all times. No alcohol will be severed to any persons under the age of 18. Proof of identification and age may be required
- Strictly no glass or cans are permitted
- Any illegal substances &/or any items deemed to be a potential weapon or threat to public safety are strictly prohibited. Any persons found in possession will be ejected and reported to the police
- No chairs &/or portable furniture will be permitted inside the venue
- Prohibited items also include, but are not restricted to, laser pens, air horns, large parasols, gazebos, awnings, fireworks, smoke canisters, flares, portable barbeques or lighting with a naked flame
- No food, drink &/or alcohol obtained outside of the venue is permitted
- No animals will be permitted within the venue with the exception of assistance dogs
- The sale of unauthorised merchandise is prohibited
- Tickets are non-transferable and no duplicate tickets will be issued for lost tickets. Any unlawful reselling (or attempting to do so) is prohibited and may result in the cancellation of the Ticket without any refund or compensation and the ticket holder being refused entry
- No pass outs or re-admissions
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel, alter or vary transmission without prior warning
- If the event is cancelled, a refund equal to the face value of the ticket will be given
- No professional type cameras, video, tape or digital recording equipment may be brought into the venue without prior authorisation
- All persons entering the venue consent to any photography, filming and recording as arranged by the organisers for possible future transmission or promotional purposes
- The venue or promoter will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings
- In the event of emergency evacuation, please follow the directions of the event stewards
- CCTV is in operation at the event with images recorded for the purpose of crime prevention and public safety. All incidents of crime and disorder will be reported to the police
- Millennium Square is a licensed premises. Please note when you leave these premises you will be entering an alcohol free zone. For your safety no alcohol is permitted outside of the premises or you could be liable for a fine
- Please be courteous to our neighbours when leaving the venue by keeping noise levels to a minimum
WARNING: Please note that repeated and prolonged exposure to amplified sound may cause permanent hearing damage. Strobe lighting and other special effects may be used throughout the show
The above terms and conditions are to promote the safety and well being of all persons attending the event. We thank you for your co-operation and hope you ENJOY THE SHOW